Say "NO MORE" to tight hips! These 5 gentle stretches are my favorites. Because I too have tight hips and these stretches help soooo much opening up those joints and you will also find improved mobility in your back and knees. Don't worry, these stretches won't make you a hippie, nor will they suddenly make you attracted to tie-dye garments. ;)
Reminder: Always be gentle with your body. Only go as far as it feels comfortable and don't push into a stretch. It's important to warm up prior to these stretches - you can do a gentle jog in place for a few minutes and/or these 5 minute turnout exercises.
Hip Opener #1 - Butterflies
Hip-Opener #2 - Baby Spidey
Hip-Opener #3 - Hip Cradle
2 sets of 30 seconds
One set cradling the left leg, one set cradling the right leg.
1. Sit up tall with your butt cheeks smooching the ground.
2. Pick your shin up with your arm and hold onto the foot with the opposite hand.
3. Use your arms to rock your leg side to side.
4. Flex the foot you are cradling.
5. Keep your butt rooted on the floor.
Hip Opener #4 - Hip Rainbow
Hip Opener #5 - Hips On Rocks
These hip opening stretches are great for a cool-down as well. You can combine them with these other 5 minute workouts:
Share These Stretches