Welcome to this Crash Course on International Cha Cha! Are you ready to learn these top 10 Basic Cha Cha steps for beginners? Actually, even if you’ve been dancing the Cha Cha for a while, this is still a really good tutorial to reinforce some techniques and skills. You might just pick up a few extra tips here and there!
In this easy to follow 20 minute tutorial, you’ll be learning:
- The Top 10 Basic Cha Cha steps for beginners (We show you the Leader parts and follower parts separately, as well as how to dance these 10 basic cha cha steps with a partner.)
- Simple partnering Techniques for Latin Ballroom dancing
- International Cha Cha Timing and rhythms
- A basic Cha Cha dance routine that you can practice with these 10 basic steps.
- How to dance to music
In addition, you’ll also learn how to dance with a partner, tips on leading and following, as well as common mistakes made in the Cha Cha and how to fix them!
For those who want a little more challenge after this, you can check out some other videos such as:
Basic Cha Cha – Back Chasse/ Lock Step Details (Beginner Tutorial)
And if this tutorial seems too fast/ too overwhelming for you, no problem! Start with this other Basic Cha Cha Compact Chasse Step for Beginners Tutorial instead – where Tytus shows you the absolute basic step very slowly. After you’ve done that, then come back to this tutorial. Remember, this is a new language. So, repetition is key, and move at the pace that works best for you. Most of all, have fun!
10 Cha Cha Steps you’ll learn in this tutorial:
- Cha Cha Basic Routine for beginners (with counts): 16:10
- Cha Cha Basic Routine for beginners (with music & steplist): 18:13
- Cha Cha Basic Routine for beginners (with music): 19:11
For each of the above steps, you’ll learn:
A. What the step looks like with a partner
B. Leader’s part
C. Follower’s part
D. Timing of the step
At the end of the 10 steps, you’ll put it together into a routine and finally dance along with us to music! OH YEAH! Don’t panic. Slow Cha Cha music, of course.
There is no hurry for you to learn it all at once. Remember, repetition is key. There is a lot of information, and body awareness as well as muscle memory that is required for Partner dancing. So, take your time, create some goals for what you want and start moving!
What is easy? What is challenging for you? Leave us a comment below. And if you have any questions, we’re happy to answer them. 🙂